We know you have a lot of questions about the health and safety measures being taken by the tattooing and piercing industry during the current health crisis. Adrenaline Studios is taking and often exceeding the health and safety mandates put forth by the Provinces of British Columbia and Ontario along with the federal Government of Canada. Below is an accounting of our (and the industry’s) COVID-19 protocol which serves to protect clients, staff, and the general public alike.
Please accept our policies and procedures outlaying how our studios have responded to operating in post-COVID-19 British Columbia. These enhanced policies and procedures are in addition to our existing standards and practices in accordance with Vancouver Coastal Health and WorkSafe BC.
In an effort to streamline these changes in this proposal, we have divided them into four categories.
For the purpose of this document, “Service Provider” may include, tattooer, body piercer, laser tattoo removal technician, cosmetic tattooer or employee.
● Clients will be notified about change of procedures for in-store services by email, phone or social media.
● Appointments will be staggered and adequate time will be given between appointments to ensure no client overlap.
● Service providers on site will be limited to a minimum.
● We will ensure service providers are in good health with no symptoms of COVID-19.
● We will ensure clients are in good health with no symptoms of COVID-19, nor live with someone in the same household as a confirmed clinical COVID-19 case who is self-isolating.
● Revised client release forms will affirm that there are no symptoms of COVID-19. Waivers/release forms may be revised, or an amendment added.
● Service providers will continue to clean and disinfect all environmental surfaces and multi-touch devices with appropriate disinfectants before and after daily opening to the public, after each client interaction, and by schedule.
● We will maintain and monitor a daily schedule and sign-off sheet for cleaning.
● Service providers will continue to utilize disposable barriers for work surfaces, client areas, and for application equipment, including machine and clipcord bags, drape sheets, dental bibs etc.
● All supplies and other critical items will continue to be handled and stored in a safe way.
● All multi-touch surfaces will be disinfected throughout the day by schedule.
● Service provider hands are to be washed before and after any procedures.
● Employers are responsible for informing service providers of new developments in information and procedural changes.
● Should a service provider develop symptoms at work, we will gather together the names of the clients they’ve worked with and contact our local department of health. Each employer will have an emergency contact for every service provider in such a case. Service provider should immediately be sent home and should call HealthLink BC.
● We will limit customers handling body jewellery. Jewellery will remain individually packaged until purchased or inserted by a service provider.
● Ventilation will be increased to exchange inside and outside air by opening windows or adjusting air conditioning.
● All service providers will acknowledge an understanding of and compliance with these additional policies by signing this formal document.
● Clients will be provided an opportunity to store personal items away from service areas, in a sanitized storage bin. Clients are to take with them all belongings following completion of service.
● Sanitizer stations will be located at the entrance and in all procedural rooms/spaces.
● Consider removing furniture in non-procedure areas, or using non-porous furniture that’s easy to clean.
● Service providers will follow appropriate standards for the disposal of PPE
If you have any additional questions about Adrenaline Studios health and safety protocols amidst COVID 19 please contact a location near you directly to learn more.